- 24 large shrimp in the shell (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 large tomato or 2 plum tomatoes
- Toasted French bread, for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp shells and half of the scallions and cook until the shells turn pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and 1 1/2 cups water and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Strain the shrimp broth through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard the solids.
Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and the remaining scallions and cook until the shrimp start to turn pink, about 1 minute. Add the reserved shrimp broth and simmer until cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
Meanwhile, put the corn in a microwave-safe dish and microwave until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut the tomato into chunks. Divide the corn and tomatoes among bowls. Add the shrimp and ladle in the broth. Serve with bread.
Per serving: Calories 387; Fat 19 g (Saturated 11 g); Cholesterol 377 mg; Sodium 1,020 mg; Carbohydrate 16 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 38 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos