- 8 to 10 fresh figs, halved
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup salted roasted mixed nuts, plus chopped nuts for topping
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toasted multigrain bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the figs with the olive oil and a pinch of salt in a baking dish. Roast until soft, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the nuts and peanut oil in a food processor until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the ricotta, honey and cinnamon and pulse until combined, about 1 minute.
Spread the ricotta mixture on the bread and top with the roasted figs. Drizzle with honey and top with chopped nuts.
Photograph by Kang Kim