Open Faced Banana Cinnamon Toasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 large bananas
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts or other nuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chocolate, optional
Stir the honey, orange juice and zest, and vanilla into the cream cheese until smooth.
Toast the bread slices. Peel and slice or dice the bananas. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each toast, lay the banana slices on top, and sprinkle with some nuts and chocolate, if desired. Serve. Save extra cream cheese for spreading on bagels or more toasts.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens