Orecchiette Salad with Roast Beef
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), halved
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 small sweet marinated peppers (such as Peppadew), quartered
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or basil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 6 ounces deli-sliced roast beef, cut into strips
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs; drain but don't rinse.
Meanwhile, combine the bocconcini, artichokes, marinated peppers and mint in a serving bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper to taste and toss. Add the pasta and toss again.
Just before serving, stir in the arugula and roast beef. Season the salad with pepper.
Per serving: Calories 500; Fat 22 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 49 mg; Sodium 548 mg; Carbohydrate 51 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 26 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.