- Yield: about 2 cups of dried t
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, cored and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, or marjoram
- Copyright 2000 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Lay the tomatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the salt. Cook the tomatoes for 5 to 6 hours or until dried and slightly shriveled, but still plump.
If not using immediately, store tomatoes in a sealed container in the refrigerator, for 3 to 4 days; or layered in a container with herbs and covered with olive oil. Store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
From Food Network Kitchens