- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 1/4 cups bagel chips or Melba toasts
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs or halved bone-in breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 bunches scallions
- Harissa, chili sauce or ketchup, for the sauce
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Set a rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and generously coat the rack with cooking spray.
Finely grind the cereal and bagel chips in a food processor and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add 3 teaspoons olive oil, the paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste and toss.
Whisk 1/2 cup yogurt and the mustard in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat, then transfer to the bag; seal and shake to coat. Place the chicken on the rack and mist with cooking spray.
Toss the scallions with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and place alongside the chicken. Bake until the chicken is crisp and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees F, about 30 minutes.
Make the dipping sauce: Mix the remaining 1 cup yogurt and harissa to taste in a bowl. Serve the chicken and scallions with the sauce.
Per serving: Calories 369; Fat 13 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 86 mg; Sodium 1,274 mg; Carbohydrate 33 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 30 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.