- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 slices potato sandwich bread
- 8 ounces sliced Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375degreesF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place 4 slices, buttered-side down, on prepared baking sheet. Layer half of cheese slices on bread followed by bacon and scallions. Place remaining cheese slices on top. Cover each sandwich with remaining 4 slices of bread, buttered side up.
3. Bake sandwiches until bottoms are a toasted golden brown, about 10 minutes. Flip and continue to bake until cheese melts and other side is toasted, 8 to 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 45 grams
Saturated Fat: 25 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 42 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Sodium: 1072 milligrams
Cholesterol: 123 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams