Overnight Oats: No-Cook Blueberry-Almond Oatmeal
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Throw together this healthy oatmeal the night before and enjoy it the next morning. We love it cold, but if you prefer a little warmth, remove the lid and microwave the oatmeal until hot, about 1 minute.
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 drops pure almond extract
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
The night before, combine the milk, oats, blueberries, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, almond extract and a pinch of salt in a glass pint jar or other container with a lid. Secure the lid and shake. Refrigerate at least 6 hours up to overnight. In the morning, top with the almonds and drizzle with honey.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen