Pan Fried Salmon with Cucumber Radish Salad
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 15 min
- 10 min
- 4 6 -ounce center-cut salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), with skin
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 English seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 , 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1. Bring salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking. Toast sesame seeds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat, stirring and tossing, until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and cool.
2. Place cucumber, radishes, and jalapeno in a medium bowl. Finely grate ginger into bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil, toasted sesame seeds, vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and sesame oil. Toss and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Add remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan; Increase heat to medium high. Place salmon, skin side up, in pan. Cook, without moving, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn fillets over using a metal spatula and cook until firm to touch, about 3 more minutes. Transfer to plates or a platter and serve warm with cucumber salad.
Total Fat: 19 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 2 grams
Protein: 34 grams
Sodium: 210 milligrams
Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved