Panelle with Ricotta and Oil-Cured Black Olives
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 1 hr
- 30 min
- 36 fritters
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and coarsely mashed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more parsley leaves for serving
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup oil-cured black olives, coarsely chopped
1. Whisk the flour and 2 teaspoons salt together with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the mixture thickens, pulls away from the side of the pan, and is a thick paste consistency, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas. Spoon leveled tablespoons of the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten to 1-inch wide rounds about 1/3-inch thick. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. The recipe can be prepared up to this point and chilled overnight.
2. Fill a small skillet with 1-inch oil and heat to 375 degrees F. Fry the fritters until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Total Fat: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 3 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 145 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved