- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, cooked or raw
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch-square baking dish or a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Whisk the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, sour cream and melted butter; whisk into the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the corn, parmesan and basil.
Pour the batter into the prepared dish or skillet. Bake until the cornbread springs back when pressed in the center, 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes in the dish, then loosen the edges and slice.