- 8 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let the noodles soak until tender, about 10 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Whisk the lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and vegetable oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour the dressing over the noodles. Add the bell pepper, scallions, basil, cilantro and mint and toss to combine. Season with salt and sprinkle with the peanuts.
Photograph by Anna Williams