The following recipe is from Scripps Networks' "Great Taste" event of May 4, 2002.
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream, skimmed from the top of canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Thai Red Curry Paste, see above
- 1 cup chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
Stir-fry the coconut cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, until the oil separates and sizzles, about 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Whisk in the broth, coconut milk, peanut butter, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and cool to room temperature. Whisk in the lime juice just before serving.
Copyright 2002 Television Food Network, GP. All rights reserved