- 4 ounces pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons Cajun spice blend
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
Combine the cheese and arugula in a bowl. Cut a deep 2-inch-wide pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast with a paring knife. Stuff with the arugula mixture. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and the Cajun spice blend.
Preheat a grill to high and brush the grates with vegetable oil. Grill the chicken until blackened and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155 degrees F, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the lima beans, squash and corn, season with salt and cook until the squash is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Slice the chicken and serve with the succotash.
Per serving: Calories 462; Fat 16 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 120 mg; Sodium 1,018 mg; Carbohydrate 30 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 48 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos