Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- 4 cups whole or low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint sticks, plus more for serving
- Pinch kosher salt
- Unsweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Peppermint sticks, for serving
Heat the milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot and steaming. Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, crushed peppermint and salt in a bowl, then whisk into the milk. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring, until the chocolate and peppermint melts and the cocoa thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Divide among 4 mugs, top with dollops of whipped cream. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint and serve each with a peppermint stick.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.