- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 wide strip lemon zest
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Pack the cauliflower, onion and garlic into a 1-quart jar.
Pour the hot brine into the jar and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 1 week.
Photograph by Charles Masters