- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 15-ounce can baby corn, drained and rinsed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (optional)
Whisk the eggs and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula, until just set, about 20 seconds; transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet along with the curry powder; cook over medium heat, stirring, until the oil turns yellow, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring, until the onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes; season with salt. Add the pineapple and corn and continue to cook until slightly softened, 2 to 3 more minutes.
Stir in the rice, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Add 1 tablespoon water and continue to cook, stirring, until the rice is warmed through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the eggs; drizzle with the sesame oil and season with salt.
Photograph by Johnny Miller