- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 boneless center-cut pork chops (about 11/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, diced
- 1 small turnip, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping (optional)
Preheat a grill to high. Mix 2 tablespoons apple jelly with the thyme. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil on both sides. Grill the chops until marked, about 3 minutes per side. Brush with the jelly-thyme mixture and continue to grill until the chops are cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
Soak the diced onion in a bowl of cold water, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the mustard, vinegar and the remaining 1 tablespoon apple jelly in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Slowly add 1/2 cup olive oil, whisking until smooth.
Photographs by Kate Sears