- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 4 center-cut pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 leek (white portion only) thoroughly washed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and mirin; cook over medium heat until the mixture is almost dry, about 15 minutes.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper. Sear the chops until brown, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven and cook until an instant-read thermometer reaches 145 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil to the pan. Thinly slice the white portion of the leek. Add the leeks to the hot oil and fry until crispy.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
Total Fat: 33.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 15 grams
Protein: 31 grams
Sodium: 177 milligrams
Cholesterol: 72 milligrams
Fiber: 2.5 grams