- 8 1/4 -inch-thick boneless pork chops (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed of excess fat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 thick slices white sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for frying
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Season the pork chops all over with salt and pepper. Pulse the bread in a food processor to make coarse crumbs (you should have about 3 cups). Transfer the breadcrumbs to a shallow baking dish and toss with the cheese, parsley and rosemary. Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Put the flour in another shallow bowl. Dredge each chop in the flour, then dip in the beaten eggs and coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing so the coating sticks.
Heat 1/4 inch olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the pork chops until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Toss the arugula and tomatoes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide the pork chops among plates and season with salt. Serve with the arugula salad and lemon wedges.
Per serving: Calories 774; Fat 37 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 244 mg; Sodium 509 mg; Carbohydrate 66 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 40 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Chops with Brandied Cherry Sauce and Zucchini with Walnuts, Smoked Pork Chops with Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce, Maple Mustard Barbecued Pork Chops, Pork Chop Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Pulled Pork Recipes, Sweet and Sour Pork Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Pork Loin Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.