- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 small red-skinned potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Large pinch of sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven; roast until a thermometer inserted into the meat registers 125 degrees F, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 15 minutes.
Mix the roasted peppers, shallot, vinegar, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the capers, garlic, rosemary, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Thinly slice the beef and arrange on the potato rounds; top with the pepper salsa. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Photograph by Con Poulos