Quick Marinara Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, diced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups whole, peeled, canned tomatoes in puree (about one 28-ounce can), roughly chopped
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- Sprig of fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the herb sprigs and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Stir in the salt and season with pepper to taste. Use now, store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.