Quick Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, diced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 (28-ounce) cans whole, peeled, tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with about half of their juices (discarding the rest), the herb sprigs and basil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Stir in the salt and season with pepper, to taste. Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens