- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mash the garlic and salt to a paste with the side of a chef's knife. In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup buttermilk, parsley, chives, scallion, vinegar and pepper to taste. If the sauce is very thick, thin the dressing with a couple tablespoons more of the buttermilk. Use immediately or store covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.