You can also top these little tarts with blueberries, sliced strawberries, or sliced bananas.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat (1-percent) milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 mini phyllo tartlet shells, at room temperature or heated
- 24 whole medium raspberries or 12 large raspberries, halved
Whisk the egg in a medium bowl. Slowly pour 1/4 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg while whisking vigorously until smooth. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, whisking vigorously, until thick and starting to bubble, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool until thick, whisking frequently. Whisk in the sour cream and vanilla.