- Kosher salt
- 2 9-ounce packages mushroom ravioli
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the ravioli.
Combine the butter, cream and peas in a large skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 1 minute. Add the ravioli, cheese, nutmeg and a splash of the reserved cooking water to the skillet and toss. Add more cooking water to thin the sauce, if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and top with the parsley.
Per serving: Calories 537; Fat 32 g (Saturated 19 g); Cholesterol 127 mg; Sodium 574 mg; Carbohydrate 42 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 17 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani