- 2 cups elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar
- 3/4 cup cubed processed cheese product, such as Velveeta (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the macaroni, salt and 2 cups water in a rice cooker. Set the rice cooker on the standard white rice cycle and cook for 30 minutes, or until the cooking cycle is almost complete and most of the water is absorbed.
Stir in the milk, Cheddar, processed cheese product, mustard and black pepper. Close the lid, turn the cooker to the warm setting, and let cook, stirring occasionally so the bottom doesn't burn, until the cheese is melted and the milk is well incorporated, about 10 minutes.
Copyright 2012 Television, G.P. All rights reserved