- 1 1/2 cups converted long-grain rice
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds squeezed out, and finely diced
- 1 Kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce
- Copyright 2000 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Cook the rice according to package instructions with 2 teaspoons salt. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cold. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons salt, oil, parsley, lemon juice, and allspice. Stir in the tomatoes and cucumber. Add the oil mixture to the rice and mix until well combined. Season with pepper and hot sauce to taste. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.