- 4 medium garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley (1/4 cup leaves)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the garlic cloves in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cook the garlic on high power in the microwave, until very soft, about 1 1/2 minutes. (Alternatively steam the garlic until soft.) Let cool, and gently press the cooked garlic out of the skin onto a cutting board. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt, and mince together with the parsley leaves to make a paste. Using a fork, blend the garlic-parley paste with the ricotta, lemon zest, and olive oil. Season with pepper and serve with vegetable crudités such as broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, and button mushrooms.
Keep in airtight container refrigerated for 2 days.