Risotto Cakes with Mixed Greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallion greens
- 2 cups leftover Fontina Risotto with Chicken, chilled
- 8 small cubes fontina cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup panko (coarse Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for shallow frying
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mesclun greens (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 bulb fennel, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Cook's Note: Click here to get the recipe for Fontina Risotto with Chicken.
Stir the chives into the chilled risotto. Form into 8 patties, using about 1/4 cup risotto for each. Press a hole in the center of each patty and stuff with a cube of fontina; pat risotto around each hole to cover.
Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Lightly dredge each risotto cake in the crumbs, turning to coat evenly. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the cakes, 2 or 3 at a time, until evenly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; season with salt and pepper.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.