- 3 pounds celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Place a rimmed baking sheet on the bottom oven rack and preheat to 425 degrees F.
Toss the celery root with 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and salt to taste in a bowl. Pile onto a double layer of heavy-duty foil; bring the ends together and crimp closed to seal. Put the packet on another baking sheet and roast in the middle of the oven until almost tender, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the carrots with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/2 teaspoon paprika in a bowl; season with salt. Spread on the preheated baking sheet and roast until tender, about 35 minutes.
Photograph by Con Poulos