Roasted Hasselback Potatoes with Herb Butter
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 10 min
- 10 min
- 1 hr
- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, thyme, dill, or chives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (use a convection oven if you have it). Peel the potatoes. Make 1/8-inch repeated crosswise cuts that go almost all the way through each potato. (Set a chopstick or thin wooden spoon crosswise to your knife next to the potato to keep from cutting through the potato.)
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Turn the potatoes to coat with butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes until they are golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water, bring to a low boil, reduce the heat, cover, and transfer to the oven. Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the herbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Uncover the potatoes, fan the potatoes slightly to separate the slices, and brush evenly with the herb butter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Increase the temperature to 450 degrees F and cook uncovered until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller