Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
- Total Time:
- 26 min
- 15 min
- 11 min
- 4 servings
- 2 Bosc pears
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- 1 bunch arugula, stems trimmed
- 2 endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort, Maytag, or Stilton, about 1/2 cup
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Halve and core the pears and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer pan to the oven and continue cooking until the pears are softened, about 5 to 7 minutes more.
Meanwhile, whisk the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing. Set aside.
Toss the watercress, arugula, and endive in a large bowl. Add the blue cheese and dressing, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Toss the warm pears into the salad. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay