- 18 shallots (about 1 3/4 pounds), unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the shallots with the oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and season with pepper. Transfer to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake until the shallot skins are somewhat charred and crispy and the shallots are very tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Using a knife, slice off the tips of the shallots (the end opposite the root end) and discard. Gently squeeze the shallots from their skins and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.