- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 round, pocketless whole-grain pita
- 1/3 cup prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 lemon, quartered, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt; mix well and spread to 1 layer. Roast until browned and very tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2. Warm the pita on a grill or griddle until nicely toasted, but still soft, and spread each with 1 heaping tablespoon hummus. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 of the roasted zucchini, about 1/2 cup baby arugula, and 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Per serving: Calories 354; Total Fat 16 grams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Protein: 13 grams; Total Carbohydrates: 46 grams; Fiber: 9 grams; Cholesterol 8 milligrams; Sodium 656 milligrams;