Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Fresh Herbs and Ginger: Low Carb
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, like soy or peanut
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves, torn
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and place them skin side down in the pan. Cook, turning once, until firm to the touch, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate.
Add the lime juice to the skillet, and scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth and ginger, and bring to a boil. Off the heat, add the basil and mint to the pan and swirl the pan to combine.
Divide the chicken between the 2 plates and spoon the herb sauce over the chicken. Serve.
Copyright © 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tandoori Spiced Chicken Breast with Grilled Tomato Jam and Herbed Yogurt Sauce, Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts with a Chasseur Sauce, Sticky Figgy Chickie (Stuffed Chicken Breast), Gingerbread Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Vegetable Casserole, Chicken, Chicken Piccata Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.