Scallops natural richness is perfectly offset here with fresh, crunchy, sliced Jerusalem artichokes, making this entree a refreshing and satisfying dish.
- 8 ounces Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 Golden Delicious or Braeburn apple, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 20 large sea scallops
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
1.Thinly slice the artichokes using a mandoline, then toss in bowl with the apples, parsley, olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then sear the scallops, turning once until browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Sear the scallops in batches and clean out the pan completely before the next batch. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
3. Reduce the heat to low, then whisk the remaining 6 tablespoons butter into the skillet 1 tablespoon at a time, until brown and creamy. Whisk in the lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Place the scallops around the artichokes and drizzle with the butter sauce.