- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes or carrots
- 3 tablespoons tartar sauce
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced (leaves reserved)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, dill and/or basil
- 1/3 cup diced havarti or muenster cheese
- 4 split-top hot dog buns
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with 1/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring, until just beginning to set, about 3 minutes. Add the herbs and cheese and continue cooking until the cheese melts, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Wipe out the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Spread the outsides of the buns with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter; add to the skillet and toast until golden, about 1 minute per side. Fill each bun with a lettuce leaf and some of the scrambled eggs. Top with the remaining celery leaves. Serve with the celery salad.
Per serving: Calories 393; Fat 22 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 458 mg; Sodium 803 mg; Carbohydrate 29 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 19 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani