Grab a plate, scoop and then dip. Squeezing out the vegetables before you assemble this dip removes any extra moisture, so your layers stay in place. Make the day before and refrigerate to save time on game day.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint or oregano
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped (about 1 large bunch)
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Two 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cups crushed pita chips, plus more for serving
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup crumbled feta (about 8 ounces)
Shred the cucumber on a box grater, toss with a large pinch of salt and let drain in a strainer for 10 minutes. Squeeze out any remaining liquid. Mix the drained cucumber with the yogurt, olive oil, garlic and mint in a medium bowl
Toss together the parsley, olives, lemon zest and scallions in a small bowl. Place the artichokes in a piece of cheesecloth or in a strainer and squeeze dry. Repeat with the peppers.
Layer the dip in a medium 3-quart clear glass trifle bowl or your favorite small serving bowl. Spread out the artichokes on the bottom, then top, in even layers, with the cucumber-yogurt mixture, peppers, pita chips, hummus, feta and the olive-herb mixture.
Wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight (if refrigerating overnight then top with the olive-herb mixture right before serving). Serve with pita chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved