- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, or aged sherry wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir in the shallots. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a smooth dressing. Use immediately or store covered, in the refrigerator, for up to a week.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.