- 1/4 large head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1 Gala apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toss the cabbage with the sprouts, chives and apples in a small bowl.
Whisk the buttermilk with the vinegar and oil in a separate small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss well.
Chill, covered, for about 1 hour. Toss well and season with additional salt and pepper.
Per serving: Calories: 70; Total Fat: 2 grams; Saturated Fat: 0 grams; Protein: 3 grams; Total carbohydrates: 12 grams; Sugar: 7 grams; Fiber: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 190 milligrams