- 16 jumbo shrimp, unpeeled, legs removed (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- Sea or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 2 1/2-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Toasted sourdough bread, for serving
Preheat the broiler. Use a sharp knife to make a slit through the shell along the back of each shrimp. Remove the vein, leaving the shell intact. Rinse and pat dry, then transfer to a large bowl.
Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, the ginger, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the shrimp and toss. Add the lemon and zucchini to the remaining dressing and toss, then spread on a large foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until the lemon and zucchini begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the shrimp and broil until the shells are pink, about 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp, lemon and zucchini and broil 3 to 4 more minutes.
Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, the parsley and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Divide the shrimp, lemon and zucchini among plates and drizzle with the parsley oil. Serve with bread.
Photographs by Con Poulos