- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Warm baguette slices, for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it softens slightly, about 1 minute. Add the brandy and swirl the pan until the alcohol evaporates. Add the wine and 1/4 cup water and cook to reduce slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to a blender with 2 tablespoons olive oil and puree until smooth. Cover and set aside.
When ready to serve, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp; cook until just pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the green sauce, season with salt and pepper, and warm through. Drizzle with olive oil or water to loosen the sauce. Serve with bread.
Photograph by Con Poulos