Shrimp With Orange Butter and Fennel and Orange Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 2 oranges
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Zest and juice 1 orange; reserve. Cut the peel and white pith from the remaining orange. Slice the orange into half-moons and put into a bowl. Add the fennel, 4 teaspoons olive oil, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to coat and set aside.
2. Toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Sear the shrimp in a hot skillet for 45 seconds, then flip. Add 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and butter; cook until the shrimp is opaque in the center, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Serve the fennel salad with the shrimp.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse