- 2 oranges
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Zest and juice 1 orange; reserve. Cut the peel and white pith from the remaining orange. Slice the orange into half-moons and put into a bowl. Add the fennel, 4 teaspoons olive oil, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to coat and set aside.
2. Toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Sear the shrimp in a hot skillet for 45 seconds, then flip. Add 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and butter; cook until the shrimp is opaque in the center, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Serve the fennel salad with the shrimp.
Per Serving: Calories: 355; Total Fat: 26 grams; Saturated Fat: 9 grams; Protein: 9 grams; Total carbohydrates: 24 grams; Sugar: 12 grams; Fiber: 7 grams; Cholesterol: 83 milligrams; Sodium: 1020 milligrams