Skillet Curried Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 5 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Honey, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Rub the chicken breast halves with the curry powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the chicken to the hot pan, smooth-side down, and cook 7 to 8 minutes.
2. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the apples, raisins, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet, cooked-side up. Transfer to the oven and bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Set the skillet over medium-high heat, add the cream, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Taste, season with salt, and stir in a bit of honey, if you like the sauce sweeter. Slice the chicken at an angle and serve topped with some sauce and the almonds.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved