Skillet Curried Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 5 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Honey, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Rub the chicken breast halves with the curry powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the chicken to the hot pan, smooth-side down, and cook 7 to 8 minutes.
2. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the apples, raisins, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet, cooked-side up. Transfer to the oven and bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Set the skillet over medium-high heat, add the cream, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Taste, season with salt, and stir in a bit of honey, if you like the sauce sweeter. Slice the chicken at an angle and serve topped with some sauce and the almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali