- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and/or parsley, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 6 sheets no-bake lasagna noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 3 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 pound mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Heat the 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic; cook until golden, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; cook until saucy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree. Return 1 cup of the sauce to the skillet and reduce the heat to low; reserve the remaining sauce.
Meanwhile, mix the ricotta, egg, parmesan, the remaining 3 tablespoons herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl.
Place 2 lasagna noodles over the sauce in the skillet. Layer half of the carrot and zucchini on top; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with half of the spinach, half of the ricotta mixture, a few pieces of mozzarella and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the reserved tomato sauce. Repeat the layers, ending with noodles. Top with the remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover and simmer until the lasagna is cooked and the cheese melts, 20 to 25 minutes.
Let rest for a few minutes before slicing. Garnish with more parmesan and fresh herbs.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos