- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 large (10 ounce) cooked baking potato, peeled
- 1 cup 1 percent milk
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- Pinch ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, add the onions and garlic and cook stirring occasionally until soft and brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, along with the spinach, potato, milk, egg, egg white, Worcestershire, lemon zest, mint, cloves, salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is finely chopped and evenly mixed together.
Use a rubber spatula to transfer spinach mixture a bowl. Add the turkey, and stir everything together. Transfer meatloaf mixture to a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan (1 1/2 quarts) and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove loaf from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and toss with the olive oil, salt and parsley. Slice meatloaf and serve with the tomato salad.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.