- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup prepared South Asian curry paste (recommended: Patak)
- 3 cups chicken broth, low-sodium canned, or homemade
- 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs, about 2 1/4 pounds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 pound) bag red lentils, picked over (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into large florets
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch fresh mint or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil; add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the curry paste and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes more. Whisk the broth with all the aromatics in the pan; then pour the liquid into a slow cooker. Whisk the yogurt into the liquid.
Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, lentils and remaining salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours, adding cauliflower and chickpeas about half way through cooking.
Divide curry evenly into bowls and scatter freshly torn mint or cilantro on top. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Copyright (c) 2007 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved