Smoked Fish Dinner
- 2 medium cucumbers (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds assorted smoked fish, such as salmon, trout, mackerel, or whitefish
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- Optional: Multi-grain bread
In a large bowl, mix the cucumbers and salt and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour. In a colander in the sink, drain and rinse the cucumbers thoroughly under cold running water, then drain it well, pat dry, Transfer the cucumbers to a large bowl and mix with the sour cream, dill, 1 teaspoon vinegar, cayenne, and season with pepper, to taste. Meanwhile, toss the onion with the remaining 2 teaspoons of the vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.